Stories at Work: Unlock the Secret to Business Storytelling by Indranil Chakraborty is a book that teaches you how to use stories in your business communication to influence decisions, inspire action and drive change
Inside the book:
- A framework to identify, collect and store stories in your personal story bank
- How to choose the right story for the right situation and audience
- How to structure your story using the STAR model (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
- Story patterns and examples from different domains and industries
- How to apply storytelling to data, presentations and feedback
My Takeaway: Your assertions and opinions have limited currency with your listeners vs opinions about you coming from people they trust (like a close friend) vs their own deductions based on the stories you share!
So, if you are looking for a tool to help you improve your communication skills and increase your impact with stories, you should definitely check this out.
The book has received positive reviews and ratings from readers on Amazon as well as Goodreads, who have praised the book for its practical and insightful advice, engaging examples and clear structure.